The 29th General Assembly resolved to establish the Working Group on Soft Matter Physics, WG15, with the mandate
1. To organize/assist in organization of an International Conference “Soft Matter Around the World” which rotates every 3 years to each geographic region (Europe-Africa, the Americas, and Asia-Pacific).
2. To coordinate soft-matter-related regional, national & local conferences, meetings & workshops
3. To coordinate soft matter education, such as summer/winter schools and short courses and help organize them if a need appears
4. To promote soft matter research through information exchange, publicity, prizes, publications, etc.
5. To strengthen the connections between academic and industrial soft matter research and development through outreach events, short courses, etc.
Michael Rubinstein (Chair)
Jean Francois Joanny
Reports to IUPAP General Assembly: 2017
Reports to Council and Commission Chair meeting: 2018(May), 2018(Oct), 2019(Oct)